Monday 3 February 2014

Conversations with Jesus


Value number 3 of Youth With A Mission is: Hear God's voice. Every once and awhile I find this difficult, but below is one of my stories of hearing God's voice.

The Communion prayer station that our team put together at the church. One of the six prayer stations that our team set up. A place where we could have communion and could "speak" to Jesus as there was a seat for us and for Him, it was very powerful.

One night during the DTS outreach in Spain (that Phil and I are leading at the moment) at a 24/3 prayer time, I asked Jesus to help me love like He did/does and I thanked Him for grace, then I felt like I got this response:

*Remain in Me and I will remain in you.

So I asked Him how I remain in Him and He responded:

*When you are tired seek Me.
When you are dry, let Me fill you up.
When you are weak, call upon My strength.
When you have no forgiveness, ask for My mercy and grace.
When you are hungry, let My life fill you.
Put Me on the throne of the throne room of your heart.
Ask for My peace to fill you when you have none.
Believe in Me!
Believe that I can do all that you can ask for or imagine.
Believe in My strength; Believe in My power.
Believe in My righteousness.
Let Me take your dirty rags and wash them clean, there is no stain that I cannot get out, nothing that is too strong or embarrassing for Me.
Take My yoke upon you, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
My presence is with you wherever you go, whatever you do, I am there with you. Before you were born I AM.
Before the world was created I AM.
I AM the beginning and the end.
I created light and laughter.
I created the sun, moon, earth and stars.
I created the hemispheres, for I AM THE LORD.
Apart from Me you can do nothing.

This lead me to look up John 15:5 - "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Lately I have been feeling a little stuck in my relationship with God, but during the 24 hours of prayer, going through the 6 different stations really helped to rekindle the ongoing conversation between God and I.   

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. – Romans 8:1&2



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers